Frequently Asked Questions & Tips

Is there much accommodation in the Broke area for our additional guests?

Yes, there are at least 300 beds within a 5 minutes radius of the property, that can accommodate guests from 2 to 25. Please see

Do the concerts cause any problems with accommodation?

Yes! Please remind your guests that the Hunter Valley is well known for concerts. Concert dates are often announced less than 6 months out from the date. If that’s the case, your guests may have trouble obtaining accommodation if your dates clash.

Where do we get supplies i.e. milk, bread and ice?

The Broke Village Store and Bottleshop is open 7 days a week. They have most things you will need. The closest supermarket is either Singleton 20 minutes, or Cessnock 35 minutes. The Willows Cafe is also at the store, and has hamburgers, pizzas etc.

Can we have confetti at the wedding ceremony?

You are welcome to use natural confetti ie rose petals, leaves etc. or bubbles. Unfortunately any sort of paper confetti is too hard to clean out of the grass and gardens, and it's not fair on other wedding groups after you to have it left there.

Can we have additional guests in the house for a party?

If you intend on having additional guests to the house for an event, they must be authorised. There may be an additional cleaning charge after the event. Any guests not staying in the house, must have vacated the property by midnight on the night of the wedding, and by 6pm on other nights.

Is there an internet connection?

Yes, we have complimentary wifi at Adams Peak

Where can we get hay bales from for the ceremony / reception?

We use Kirkwood Produce in Singleton or Phone 02 6572 2766

What is provided in the accommodation? i.e. towels

All linen (including bed linen, towels, tea towels) Shampoo, conditioner and soap Irons and ironing board Toilet paper Tea, coffee, sugar (no milk provided) Condiments: Salt, pepper, Tomato, BBQ Sauce, Oil for cooking Dishwashing liquid, Dish cloth, scourer, tea towels Basic kitchen electrical appliances i.e. 3 x fridges, oven/stove, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, electric frypans Frypans / pots / salad bowls etc. Crockery and cutlery Wine, Champagne and water glasses Ipod dock

Do we have have to bring timber for the fireplaces?

AP provide timber for all indoor fireplaces. If you would like to use the bon fire, there will be an extra charge for timber. Please advise staff prior to checkin.

It’s really important to have someone in charge on the day. Someone who is NOT the bride or groom and someone who is not an important part of the wedding. A Wedding Coordinator or an MC, (Master of Ceremonies) that is going to ensure that everything runs smoothly. This person is in charge of: making the guests know what’s happening at what times; where the toilets are; where the band or DJ should set up; what to do if the beer runs out (heaven forbid!). And also someone who won’t enjoy themselves too much and forget what their job is.

Make sure you check events in the Hunter Valley for the date before you book. Just Google: the date, events, Hunter Valley.

It always help if you check sunset times, so you can ensure that everything runs to schedule. Ie, if the sunsets at 8pm in Summer, or 5.30pm in Winter.

If you intend on having a bar out the front near the ceremony area, as well as in The Barn at the reception, ensure the bar staff are aware of this and also who is setting up, packing down, providing ice etc.

If you want to involve children in wedding, make sure you have things to keep them busy – party bags (go easy on the lollies), a jumping castle or a baby sitter for the little kids.

Lawn games during pre dinner drinks (while you’re away getting photos) are always a nice idea. It keeps the guests entertained while you’re away, and it also prevents them from over indulging while you’re away.